[Dailydrool] Gus is gone

Kathryn Miller kmiller7 at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 3 18:19:20 PDT 2012

I have been procrastinating writing this post for the past week, just like I
procrastinate going home at night.  Last Friday Gus joined Frank da Tank,
Beauregard, Rosebud and Baxter at the Bridge.  Frank went there in March because
his congestive heart failure continued to get worse and his breathing became
more labored.  Gus tore his knee ligament several years ago and was maintained
by pain meds.  In the last 4-5 months his arthritis pain grew worse and he was
kept as comfortable as possible on his and at the end my pain meds.  The house
was very quiet after Frank's departure, and now the house seems empty without
Gus.  This is the first time in 18 years that I haven't had a doG.  I plan to
get another basset, but the finances just won't allow that to happen.  Kathy
Miller