[Dailydrool] Basset hair in tiny places

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Tue Aug 7 21:14:28 PDT 2012

The remote key fob for the DH's car died a couple of months ago.  It just simply stopped working from any distance and he had to use the key to open the car door.  He traded the key that I had and used it for awhile.
He finally went to the service dept. today and asked to have the battery changed.  Now, in true dealership fashion, the key fob's battery case had to be opened by a special screw driver that only the dealership's service dept. had.  When the service guy opened the case, out fell what I thought was enough hair to cover at least a miniature chihuahua.

I'm not kidding - there was so much basset hair and dust, I was flabbergasted. DH said he was not surprised.  Service guy said that sometimes, the dust and hair causes the battery to stop working.  In DH's case, the battery was dead and was replaced.  The case was cleaned out of dog hair and dust.  Presto!  remote key fob now works.  So, how did all that basset hair get into such a tiny, tight space?

Healing drool to all sick and ailing hounds and to all who own them.  Special thought to those whose hounds have gone to the Bridge

Karen & Lucie OEBE  Princess of Chaos