[Dailydrool] Morse

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 08:51:16 PDT 2012

"...He has also been licking frantically recently which I have put down to his
normal allergies and the heat, but I am beginning to wonder if something else is
going on and he is in pain, and would licking be a sign of pain?..."

Persistent frantic licking can indeed be an indication of pain and/or extreme
anxiety. He may be hurting, or he just may be aware that something is not quite
right with his eye.

--RichS

Hubby to Patty, poppa/wrangler/slave/body pillow/security blanket to Jester the
Border Terrier, Simba the Princess ( a fluffy, half-blind, half-deaf ball of
confused lineage ), Snoopy the Beagle, and 8 pieces of my heart waiting ATB.