[Dailydrool] unbelieveable

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 11:43:43 PDT 2012

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Gracie.  I have spent a long
time making babies after babies after babies.  Apparently my people felt they
wanted someone younger to make babies for them so they dumped me in a farm labor
camp in Salinas with another girl basset.  Animal control picked us up on the
8th and Golden Gate Basset Rescue sent a volunteer to collect us both from the
shelter yesterday.

About this volunteer.  The woman is clueless.  First she brings her kids with
her.  There is a girl called Natalie and she is vey calm and soothing and I like
her but she's 12 ..... really .... a 12 year old handling strange shelter dogs.
Eh Hem!  So we got to her house and she decides to introduce me to her bassets
in her backyard.  So we go into her backyard and out come two bassets and she
says LuLu, Snoopy, this is Gracie.  And she sits down and talks to her husband
about her day and ignores us.  Fortunately none of the three of us is a meanie.
Snoopy ahroooooooooooo's and he ahrooooooo'd at me for a while.  LuLu barks at
the neighbor dogs but not at me.  And me, I couldn't care less about the
ahroooooooooooooo'ing and even the barking.   But how did this clueless woman
know all bleep wasn't going to break loose?

 And then, this morning this woman whom I have known for less than 12 hours
grabs me and squirts stuff into my ears and massages them.  AARRRGGGGHH.... I
wriggled and I groaned and I tried to get away .... doesn't this woman know
ANYTHING I am a BASSET and she doesn't even know me and my ears haven't been
cleaned EVER before by the looks of things and she's just going to town cleaning
them all up and ignoring my protests.  And then ..... and then ...... she picked
me up and carried me into a glass booth in a little room and she turned on water
and WASHED ME.  We don't even know each other and she just hauled me off and
gave me a bath.  What does she think I am, a labrador retriever???

I asked Snoopy and LuLu about this.  Snoopy says this woman is much better now,
he's been training her for a year and a half.  Better????  Oh my dog I don't
EVEN want to know what he started with.

More later from Gracie the houseguest with Snoopy and LuLu and a momPerson who
is apparently completely clueless