[Dailydrool] excessive drooling

Heather Herold hherold113 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:19:21 PDT 2012

Good day Drool Lovers:

My name is Heather and I am from Delaware.  I am a new mom to a year and a
half old male Basset named Jack.  Jack has been very healthy until
yesterday.  I am wondering if anyone out there has had this problem with
their dogs.  I woke up yesterday and noticed a huge wet spot in my sons
bed. I thought maybe he spilled a drink in the middle of the night, I let
my babies out for their morning exercises, brought them in, got ready for
work, and left.  At about noon, my son calls and says Jack is drooling so
bad that he had two couch cushions soaked, his years were soaked, and the
drool was coming out of his mouth like water.

I took him to the vet, they gave him a medication for his intestines and
put him on a bland diet.  He does not seem any better today.  It seems
worse when he is sleeping, I lift his head and he is lying in a pool of
drool.  His teeth and gums looked great, he did not get into anything (that
I know of), I keep the garbage in a locked utility room, and make sure that
there is nothing in the back yard for him to get into.  He gets his heart
meds once a month, and is very spoiled.  He is not himself.  He always
meets me at the bottom of the steps in the morning to go outside, and then
lays outside the bathroom while I get ready for work.  He never looked up
at me this morning, I was able to coax him out to the kitchen for his
chicken and rice, then outside.  He came in jumped on the couch and right
back to sleep. If anyone knows of a condition that may be causing this, I
would be so grateful, he is the light of my life, he makes me laugh
everyday, and has brought joy back into my life after a nasty divorce.  He
has a six year old black lab sister named Natalie, and she just keeps going
over and licking him, and looking sad that he is not biting her legs, and
chasing her all over the back yard.

Thank you for your help....  Happy Drooling.... :-)