[Dailydrool] Miss Gracie

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 22 11:36:24 PDT 2012

Oh, she's a RASCAL!!!

Oh my, oh my, you tell these bassets you are foster failing and they just go hog
wild.  Yesterday Julianne spent most of the evening reclaiming shoes from
Gracie.  Julianne is a teenager and so she tends to leave her shoes everywhere
..... and Gracie finds them and picks them up and carries them around the
house.  She hasn't chewed on them (yet) but she does drool on them.

My husband went to sort a load to put in the laundry and little Gracie wouldn't
get out of the way because she wanted to steal all of the underwear.

And she's started getting up on furniture now.  She'll climb up on the couch or
even on a bed.  Little dickens wouldn't stay up on a couch or bed if I put her
there last week but now it's a different story.

Oh, she had this oval shaped bump appear on the underside of her tail about half
way down just yesterday.  It's between 1 and 2 inches in diameter (it's an
oval).  Yesterday it just looked like a fluid filled bump (appeared out of
nowhere) and today it has a black scabby kind of spot in the middle.  I talked
to the president of our rescue who is also a veternary tech and she says it is
probably just a sebaceous cyst and it will probably burst and be done with on
it's own.  She said we really didn't want to mess with the tail by removing it
because tails have a hard time healing due to not enough skin.

She gets spayed on Friday.  So, she could use a little have an easy spay and
heal quick drool along with some go away bump drool.  She wants hugs and kisses
too but I'll handle that.

Thanks,
Dale