[Dailydrool] Guilty or innocent

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 06:45:16 PDT 2012

I completely accept what Bev (and others) have said about Rolph's  guilty face (and behaviour) doesn't necessarily mean he was guilty of peeing on my bed.

However, I know the pee was pretty fresh and I know which dog was where in the ten minutes before I found it - especialy which dog was rolling around on my bed making tigger-like "wurra-wurra-wurra" noises two minutes before I got into the bed and, most unusually, immediately jumped off it.

And while his lawyers would still scream "Circumstatial evidence!" I also believe mother knows best (well, usually).

Rolph's health has been a bit of a cause for concern over the past six months. He's gone from being Mr Bounce and Naughtiness to not always wanting to go out on walks, not being able to get up on the bed (I bought him steps) and moving like a much older dog.

He gets cod liver oil and Glucosamine and Chondroitin with MSM. To be honest, I have not seem a great improvement.

This is on top of having threatened to bloat a month ago (he didn't) and having a toenail bed infection he has been in and out of the vet's office too much recently.

He may have a UTI - although I have not noticed extra peeing while out in the garden or on walks and I will get that checked, but I just wondered if there may be some other, perhaps age-related, reason he might have done this.

On the subject of Glucosamine and Chondroitin with MSM - can anyone give me a rough guide to dosage. I have been giving him on tablet per day, maybe he needs more. He weighs about 47lbs and has no fat on him.

Sally with  Rolph and Clara, UK