[Dailydrool] Disabled dogs

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 01:00:05 PDT 2012

Thank you to all of you who write about living with disabled dogs--Bev, Ann, Synthia, Elvis' mom. Gives me courage and makes me feel less crazy. I have just returned from the doggie ER with Bo. This evening when he did his evening walk, instead of pooping the usual, he seems to have turned inside out and pooped his large intestine out instead. omg. I will not go into details. Beyond gross. A rush to the ER, and the vet basically turned him back inside in; said double all his meds. this week, give him the runs so he doesn't need to strain at all, and keep him in diapers for a week and the problem should resolve itself and get back to normal, which is not really normal of course, but improved. And to keep this from happening again, each time he assumes the position for evacuation, I need to give support to his rump on both sides with my hands. Okay. I can do that. Bo is a sweetheart. I don't mind being his nurse. I need to make more doggie diaper suits
 tomorrow. Plus he has a sore on his chest, so the vet suggests he wear t-shirts now on a regular basis (or that I make him a daytime vest--he already wears pajamas at night). I think there might be a real market out there for disabled dogwear if any of you seamstresses are interested....And Marlene, if you'd like to come visit and go out on dogwalks with me, I bet you'd be great explaining Bo's odd dogwear and his mom's weird behavior to passing motorists. lol. I am SO relieved tonight did not end in another major surgery for my poor beloved beleaguered Bo. Val, Harley, and Bo (hey mom, this is pretty embarrassing--I'm a very powerful dog you know; I may have you thrown in the brig for sharing these indignities)