[Dailydrool] Bassets and the new kitten

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Mon Aug 27 06:02:32 PDT 2012

A week ago we adopted a teeny little black and white tuxedo kitten and
named him Louis.  He weighed all of one pound a week ago.  He was kept from
the general pet population of the house for several days until he had been
vetted, etc. for the first time.  He was introduced to the bassets
yesterday under close supervision because he is just so tiny.  What an
entertaining sight that was!  He charged in and greeted the bassets without
fear, but what appeared to be true admiration.  He loves them and it seems
that the feeling is mutual.  The girls try to “mother” him, Gabe plays with
him.   It has been so funny to see them running through the house playing,
kitten hanging from a basset ear or pouncing on a wagging basset tail.

We also adopted an older female kitten and named her Sunny.  She has still
been kept in her separate space as she was in pretty rough shape and she is
healing from being spayed since we brought her home.  She looks better
every day and should be meeting the bassets soon.

Alicia, Flo, Gabe, Liz with new friends Louis and Sunny

And long-time kitty residents Cletus, Thomas, Veronica and Ernie