[Dailydrool] crates

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:06:09 PDT 2012

Crates are Mother Nature's gift to canines. She really had her stuff
together when she thought up crates. All my dogs have begun crated.
Learning to be in a crate whether you are home or not means:
1. They can stay at the Vet's in a kennel without being terrified of the
kennel itself
2. You can feed them separately or
3. Keep track of a special diet and
4. Whether each dog is eating.
5. You protect puppies from themselves and older dogs when they've had
enough.
6. You can run an errand without coming home to disaster.
7. You may have guests without dogs, who are afraid of dogs, or allergic to
dogs or who don't like dogs altho why would you have those people in your
house anyway?
8. You may rest an injured dog without it fretting because it is crated.
9. You know where your children are at night.
10. You may have ten minutes with your spouse in privacy without a cold
nose applied to a warm spot.
11. You may have workmen in the house without worrying about
       A. Someone leaving a door open
       B. A dog taking exception to a workman
       C. Allowing a serviceman or woman to work in peace without "help".
       D. See #7 above
12. Mostly though, it just makes life simpler for everyone.

Conley goes voluntarily into his crate at night or whenever we are very
upset with him. Llewis was very upset when we took his crate down. I put it
back thinking I could use it for the puppy when he arrives and Llewis
instantly reclaimed it, so I am going to have to get another crate and
worst of all, figure out where the hell to put it in this room.
Anway, that's my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it, as my Father
would say.

MomPerson to Nigel (who has a 4x4' pen) Llewis (crate reclaimed) Conley
(Are you kidding? Leave him out of the crate when we're gone? Wouldn't he
just love THAT.)