[Dailydrool] Gracie won't eat

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 15:44:04 PDT 2012

Dale,
    You need to check her gums and make sure they are the correct color and that the color is returning to them quickly after you lightly press a finger to them.  You also need to make sure that she does not have infection coming on by taking her temperature frequently.  Check her incision and her vulva to make sure no blood or unusual discharge is coming out.  If any of the above are weird call you vet ASAP.
    Her eating issue is concerning.  It may only be emotional--my Saint and Newf girls wouldn't eat after we had a house fire and they had been hospitalized for smoke inhalation.  They didn't eat at the hospital and it took a couple weeks for them to start eating normally again after they returned home.
    If this keeps up I would definitely consult a vet.  Are her stools normal?  If not, have the vet test for coccidia, giardia, worms....  Even the most fiicky eater won't usually pass up human food.  If meat isn't her thing she may be a carbohydrate gal.  You never know.  Keep us posted.
    Marie

Man Plans ~ God Laughs