[Dailydrool] Black clouds

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 18:30:09 PST 2012

I may have to join the Black Cloud Margarita Club. I have been sick for 6 weeks at least. First bronchitis and sinusitis, managed well by antibiotics. Then the FLU!!!!! the Tamiflu worked pretty well. BUT I AM STILL SICK! I still have a major snotty nose (that's a technical term, lol) and serious lung ripping cough. And I feel miserable. In addition to all this, we had to have a 25 year old Morgan mare and a 15 year old American Mammoth Jackstock Jennet (who had my heart) euthanized within 2 weeks of each other. Trooper was attacked and has had drains in his neck for 2 weeks and on antibiotics. Our 30 + year old donkey had pneumonia and lung abscesses, but fortunately he recovered with some great vet care. Now our Tennessee Walking Horse mare has heaves (a respiratory condition like asthma). Oh, yes, and my riding mule has a terrible hoof abscess that is slowly improving. I hope I don't jinx myself, but the Bassets seem to be the healthiest critters on the farm right now. AND to top it all off, the DH is sick, and we all know how that is, **sigh**! So I'm right there with you, ladies. I may have to make a trip to the Paris, TN, Winery and get a bottle of their wonderful Zinfandel. I don't think I can wait on an online order. Brenda and the Thundering Herd