[Dailydrool] Looking for Foster Care For My Basset

wdfleming at peoplepc.com wdfleming at peoplepc.com
Tue Dec 11 11:56:05 PST 2012

To all:

For my Basset I need to find foster care somewhere in New
England (CT, RI, & MA are closest, but NH, VT are close
enough - I am located in SE Connecticut).
The time frame for foster care may be anywhere from one
month to the better part of a year.  I will make arrangements
to (pre)compensate for all foster care expenses (food,
med.'s, etc.), but I just can't afford the $30-$35 per diem
for a commercial kennel.

Molly Brownie, 6.5 yr old spayed tri-color female, 68.5 lbs.,
               housebroken, no major medical needs, likes all
               people, doesn't chew on anything or destroy property,
               gets along good with other dogs (she esp. likes border/australian
               collies & blockhead labs), not good with rabbits (or probably
               hamsters), Molly runs away from cats, she's not food
               aggressive, doesn't bark very much, likes to sniff
               around outside, she will signal (bay) when predators
               (fox, coyote) have been scented.  I just "renewed"
               her rabies vaccine for next 3 years.
               As an experiment, she recently spent 5 consecutive days
               in a "foster" home (with cats/dogs) and there were no
               problems.

Thanx - Bill  ...  pls contact me directly at  wdfleming at peoplepc.com