[Dailydrool] Miss Angela strikes

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 12 06:47:51 PST 2012

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer (emeritus) to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

My sweet Angela Basset has been so well mannered and self controlled
for so long that I must have forgotten her true basset nature.  On Monday,
I had some folks over and did a bit of cooking.  I had chili and potato soup
bubbling on the stove and a ham in the oven, so the kitchen smelled
pretty good, if I do say so my self.   I took the ham out of the oven and put
it on a cutting board to cool down a bit before I sliced it.   Then I went back
to my guests.  A bit later, I heard a thump and memories of countercruising
struck my brain.  I hurtled into the kitchen to find Miss Angela standing over
the ham, which had landed on the floor.   She had not yet taken bites of any
significance and was licking it as though it were too hot to eat.  I yelled at
her and she backed off.  Of course I immediately invoked the five second
rule, put the ham back on the cutting board, pushed it as far as possible
back on the counter and returned to my guests, telling Angela "I'll deal with
you later!"

Miss Angela didn't look repentant or even chagrined at being caught.  Neither
did she do a victory lap.  We both returned to our guests and acted the very
model of host and hostess.  They were none the wiser.  So be it.

The owner of the other neighborhood basset stopped by and told me that
she (Julie) and her pup Jackson had talked with some new residents at
the bottom of the street and had been told by the woman (Air Force, I believe)
that her four bassets would be coming in December.  Great joy!    Are you a
drooler who just moved onto our street (Elpyco) in Wichita?

Bill (The ham sandwiches taste just fine)
Angela (Score one for the old girl!)