[Dailydrool] nibbling, Howliday cards and Nigel

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:40:44 PST 2012

Pierre Jr. will nibble on me when I massage him and/or rub his belly.  I
didn't think much of it, and I have grown accustomed to it.  I feel like
Jane Goodall in a primate grooming session.

Thanks to all who are sending Howliday cards to my Vet and the Nursing
Home, and even some to me, a delightful surprise.  I had the herd at the
Vet today for anals and pedicures, and I was looking around at the cards
hanging.  I saw Sandi Graham's card, not realizing, at first, that  it was
a drooler's card, and I said to reception, "I didn't know there was another
patient with this many bassets (and pointers, ooh la la and beagles),
except of course for Susan".  The receptionist came out, looked at the
card, looked up the name, but couldn't find it in the data bank.  Another
receptionist commented that some people, even if they aren't current still
like to send cards, and that was that, UNTIL, I spotted the card from
Snoopy, Lulu and Gracie, and then the light bulb went on in my not so
bright brain.  I knew I had asked the Vet to be on the Hero's list, but I
was not sure if the request was granted.  I know Amanda was having email
problems, and I didn't want to add to the confusion, so I didn't pursue the
notion.  BTW, thank you Amanda, and thank you to all those who did send
cards which include to date Harrison B. Hound (love the heart shape mark on
your side), the Chase Family, Albee, the King George family.  I have
another app't on Monday, and I can't wait to see what else goes on the wall.

When I wrapped up the Vet visit, I came home to a phone message from Anita
at the Nursing Home.  She was totally confused and shocked but delighted to
be getting all these basset cards. Of course she suspected I was the point
of origin because of Pierre, and she now calls herself "The Queen Of
Bassets".  She is proudly hanging them in the ward, and not only staff, but
residents, as well, are truly enjoying them.  I will be there tomorrow, and
I am bringing the ward a daily drool calendar, which is fabulous.  Thank
you Laura and the elves, you done great!

I hope to be back on the card list next year.  This was such a topsy turvy
year for me, and I can only hope for more even days ahead.  Nigel is
finally out of his cone, he is done with oral meds, and he will be down to
1 drop and 1 ointment from 3 drops and 1 ointment by Tuesday.  He continues
with those meds until his recheck exam which is early January, his
pathology is benign, so things are looking up for him.

Healing drool to all and need and sincere condolences as well for those
suffering from a loss.

Jackie and the herd