[Dailydrool] Maggie didn't eat it!

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:17:42 PST 2012

Okay, so I was making myself a sandwich: ham, cheese, etc., and I was
spreading mustard on the bread. Which I dropped. And true to form, it landed
mustard side down. And also true to form, Maggie comes running (well,
waddling) full speed (well, not so fast anymore) into the kitchen to snag my
boo-boo. I grabbed the bread, but there was a big glob of mustard left on
the floor.

I never thought I'd see the day when Maggie didn't eat something I'd
dropped...but she turned up her nose at mustard. She really is getting fussy
in her old age!

And on the subject of old age, this may be Maggie's last Christmas. We're
doing the 5 hour drive on Christmas Eve, and two days later doing the 5 hour
drive home. She's gonna be one tired old girl. I've already plastic-wrapped
the back seat of the car, and covered that with an old comforter. She should
be riding quite comfortably, although it is hard on me getting her 65 pound
arthritic frame in and out of the car.

What I'm most concerned with for the trip is Maggie's crabby attitude. There
will be three other dogs there - and she's really getting irritable with
other dogs. She barks and snaps at them. She's never done that with people,
but I think (for safety's sake) that I'll keep her on-leash even in the
house.

There's one good thing about Maggie being old - no more counter-surfing! She
just can't launch that front end anymore - the rear end isn't spring-loaded
like it used to be.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season!