[Dailydrool] Where ya going?

Kimi Ables kimizmail at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 15:49:09 PST 2012

Every morning I get Edmond up and outside for his morning potty (this sometimes involves pushing his 65lb body off the bed). He comes inside, gets a biscuit and goes back to sleep on the couch or on our bed. Before I leave he gets lots of ear scratches, belly rubs, another biscuit and I tell him "Dad will be home in a few hours. I'll be home at dinner time. You be mommy's good boy and I love you more than sunshine." I'm not sure why, but I do and I think it helps his anxiety. I also hide biscuits in each room of the house so he will get up and sniff them out throughout the day.

I always tell him how long we will be gone if we go run errands. He knows when its time for me to be home from work because my husband says Edmond gets up from the afternoon nap at 5:55 every day and waits by the door.

I swear they know more than people give them credit for... smart little bassets!

Lub and drool,
Kimi & Edmond Dawd (I getz a "momma's home" bizkit too!)