[Dailydrool] Blind and Deaf

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 07:30:28 PST 2012

A small local Animal Control contacted Western Missouri Basset Rescue that they have a blind and deaf Basset stray they got and they are a kill shelter. Even though we are currently full my heart melted when I heard she is living in a small cage not at all being treated like the princess she is. I have had Bassets go blind and deaf after they have lived here a few years due to glaucoma and old age but have never taken a Blind and deaf dog in before and tried to orientate them to our home and other Bassets. We are picking her up this afternoon when the Animal Control opens. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated. I think we are going to name her Precious, not that she will ever hear her name but it is certainly fitting.
She is also not spayed and needs all vetting done so any donations are welcome. http://wmbri.org