[Dailydrool] The ear flaps while sleeping

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 09:06:19 PST 2012

Hello fellow droolers,
None of us have written in for awhile, but all of the hounds (the one
wannabe) and the humans are doing well.

I noticed the other day, that my parent's 'notafosteranylonger' dog (the
one with Cushings) always has one ear flap that's straight up when she
flops on the floor. I haven't seen any of the others do this, at least not
consistently, but with her it's pretty much every time. I recall there
being a thread about hound 'quirks' from awhile back, and I was curious,
does anyone else's hound do this? My Emma usually lets at least one flap go
over her eyes, kind of like an eye mask, while sleeping, and the others
just kinda sleep in funny positions, but the 'one ear up, one ear down'
thing that Abby does just cracks me up! I ask her if it's like Santa says
in Miracle on 34th Street, that if you leave them out (he was talking about
his beard) they grow. If that's the case, she's going to have one really
long ear flap, and one normal one, lol.

Drool to those who need it! With all these dogs under one roof, there's way
more than enough to go around!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473