[Dailydrool] Greetings!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 13:00:41 PST 2012

Hi, Droolers Everywhere!  I've been enjoying receiving my Daily Drools, even tho we don't have a basset at this time.  We still have the 2 visiting beagles with us.  We're waiting til they are on their way to their own place with my daughter-in-law, (and their cat) and then we'll search for our next hound.  It sounds like everyone's having a good holiday season.  We're doing our best - it's hard not to think of Raymond at every turn - he was so much a part of our lives.  Youall know what it's like to go thru a loss like this.  Fortunately, this holiday season - my Sweet Adelines chorus had many singing engagements - and that was very rewarding.  And my Tap Dance Troup went on several programs, also. So the season was a merry one for me.  I'm sorry to learn of Sandi's difficulties with Owen.  I thought Marie's advice to her was very sound.  Prior to our Raymond's adopting us, we brought home a beautiful female 3-yr old tri color basset whom we
 named Misty.  She seemed very sweet, but it turned out she bit two different people on two completely different occasions.  She hadn't been threatened by either person - they were just letting her warm up to them.  It seemed like immediately afterward she was sweet and demure again. We were able to find out who the Dog Pound was who sent her to our Rescue Group, so I called them.  They told me she had been extremely aggressive, and they had advised that she be put down.   Anyway, we became so alarmed by this behavior(and past behavior) that we decided to take her back to our then Basset Rescue Group.  Our wonderful leader kept her quite awhile and obviously worked well with her, and she was adopted by a couple who didn't have much company over.  From what I heard afterward, it worked out well for her.  Our good fortune then, of course, was we were able to have these past seven years with our Raymond.  I so enjoy reading my Daily Drools, and
 I'm living vicariously with your basset hounds thru our wonderful newsletter.  Wishing Happy New Year to all the hounds and slaves out there - and hope good health surrounds us all at every turn. With all our good wishes  - Beryl & Richard