[Dailydrool] grapefruit

Muriel Fiona Napier allears at rogers.com
Thu Dec 6 15:34:27 PST 2012

'Grapefruit blocks some medications from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
It isn't dangerous but it makes some drugs ineffective.'

I'm not a vet or a physician, but I beg to differ on this. My understanding is that there is a specific enzyme in grapefruit (not in other citrus fruits) which actually INCREASES the absorption of certain drugs. This is true of a number of human drugs and recent research has added quite a few more to the list apparently.

I wouldn't give either of my Bassets grapefruit (even if they'd eat it, which they wouldn't !)

Muriel Fiona Napier
519.362.1275
Sent from my iPhone