[Dailydrool] Question

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 12:44:39 PST 2012

Ginger has always eaten way too fast so I finally bought one of those bowls
that is supposed to slow her down. It has three pillars in it that the dog
has to eat around and it really does slow her down. My concern is that she
is so anxious about eating that it seems like now she's swallowing a lot of
air as she's trying to get around the pillars in the bowl. It seems to me
like that has the same potential for bloat as eating too fast, doesn't it?
I'm hoping some of you have some experience with this and can help me out.
I've never had one of my hounds bloat but it scares me to death! I really
don't think that this bowl is the answer for her, do you? Plus, she has
always been so aggressive when it comes to food that I can see her anxiety
increase because she's taking longer to eat and is worried that the others
will get her food. They all know better than to get near her when she's
eating so that isn't going to happen but you can still see her being
anxious. Any advice would be welcome!

I'm so happy that Ohio won the Shelter Challenge! There isn't a rescue out
there that isn't struggling to pay vet bills right now and I'm sure they
will put the money to good use on behalf of the hounds. Congratulations!

I hope all of you take a minute to check out the holiday cards that the
Winstanly's have posted. Thanks so much, Debbie & Leon, for posting all the
cards! Every year I think I'd like to participate in the DD card exchange
and every year I know the money is needed more in rescue. Maybe we'll be
able to participate in the card exchange next year.

Our family (two legged and four!) has been blessed with good health and
happiness and I wish the same for all of you and your beloved furry
children. Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year to all of you!

Jane, Marty & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger