[Dailydrool] Nikki is sick and Hounds Bay for OBR

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:52:40 PST 2012

Little Miss Nikki is a pretty sick girl tonight.  Yesterday am, she was drooling profusely from her right cheek, trembling and squinting as if in pain.  Her head was bowed, and her tail was down.  It didn't seem like bloat, and I took her temp, and it was 102.9.  I got her to the vet as early as possible, and she stayed overnight.  X-rays revealed hinky things like gas in her duodenum and her white cell count was strange.  She stayed overnight, got some fluids, got some low residue food and bits of water, and another blood test.  This morning, her fever was 103.9, her white cell count was still curious, but different, and she had a foul smelling urination that led the Vet to test it.  She has a bacterial infection on top of whatever is giving her discomfort.  She was released to me this afternoon, and she is very quiet.  She is sleeping a lot, trembling, so I put a blanket on her.  She is drinking, and she ate the portion of food that I was told to give her.  She is awake now, and has decided to give herself a cat bath, probably trying to get over the scent of the kennel.  The other hounds are giving her peace.  OK, now she is panting furiously, and I will stop this to check her out....
This was a real life drama moment...  she was licking the leg where the IV was, and when I went to her when she started panting, I took the blanket off her, and I massaged her for a while, and she rolled back to sleep.  She is in my spot in the bed on my blanket, and she gets to stay there.  I will find another blanket, and stay close to her all night, all weekend, whatever it takes.
That being said, I have been planning all week to post to Hounds Bay some items to help with Lana and Margo from OBR.  Their story is nothing short than a miracle, and I was so moved by it, I knew I needed to help with their Vet bills.  I have some regular stuff to offer, but to launch my effort, I am giving up something very wonderful and special, and I know there is someone out there who bid hard against me who may well be interested.  I will take the picture this weekend and figure out how to do it, but just as a tease, and get your wallets ready, I am putting on Hounds Bay, the one of a kind, original, comically beautiful, delightful and wonderful hand thrown, crafted by our very own Nancy Gallagher butter dish with hounds chasing rabbits, and it is just so cute....  It is not the typical butter dish shape, it is round.  There are bassets and rabbits and dog treat bones...
OK.  It has been a worrisome couple of days, but we still have drool to share to all in need.  Nikki needs some more loving, so gotta go.
Jackie