[Dailydrool] Barney, a new Bounder

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 4 06:41:20 PST 2012

Hi all!
We have exciting news!

Barney, an almost 14 yr old Basset has joined the Bounders!   He hails from
AL, all 52 pounds of him.   Barney is learning right now to be an indoor
hound.  He is getting used to the comfort of a bed to lay on,  has recently
figured out the dog door, and we hope soon, will figure out that we really
are fond of everyone going outside to do their business.  He has had to be
belly banded for a few days, but is getting more used to going out for his
business.

He will have a full dental in a couple of weeks,  estimate there will be
about 8 teeth pulled.  He has roots showing on some.  They amaze me with how
much they do not feel some pain, as he shows no signs of the teeth hurting.

I do not have photos up yet on the website, but hope to later this weekend.

If you are on FB,  I did post a photo of him there,. Also if you get our
newsletter, we introduced him there too.

Big thanks to Beth Fuller, Cindy Heron, Robbie Bagby, Linda Lartigue, and
the folks at Alford Vet Clinic in Birmingham, for all the help in Barney
getting to us.

Welcome Barney, you big hunk of hound!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us