[Dailydrool] Urinary Infections and shivering

pdh debbiebdah at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 13:35:37 PST 2012

Hi,

I have two basset girls with a history of urinary tract infections.  I have them on Science HIll CD(through the vet), distilled water and natural cranberry capsules 500mg twice day for one girl and 500mg once day for the other girl.  My older girl I have to clean her vulva couple times day.  Her fold never went down to a normal size and the vets has been suggesting about operating.  I fill she is too old, she turns 11 years old on Valentine Day.  Along as can maintain this and be free of any infection, I'm not rushing into anything with her.  I've tried the cranberry juice in with their water -- no way they won't drink it.

My older girl Sadie Mae has starting shivering when I'm eating something, I'm not sure if she gets excited or just putting on a act thinking she won't get anything.  Maybe make mom fill sorry for her, I'm sure that's it!  As soon as the food is gone she stops and back to normal sleeping on the bed!

Please keeping voting the the Carolina Basset Hound Rescue!  Last time I voted (this morning) they were dropping in points.  We can't have this for our beloved basset hounds.

Enjoy the weekend and Super Bowl!

Deb