[Dailydrool] Dog stroke

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Mon Feb 6 15:30:28 PST 2012

My Clara had a stroke on a rainy day in the park. She just toppled
over to one side, could only move one side, and kept spinning in
circles.  An angel helped me out & got Clara, Louie & I home.

I saw a vet that day, who tapped her face, saw reactions on one side
but not the other, & said Yup, stroke.

There was no treatment. She was lame on one side for a day, then weak
for a while. She was in her teens so not super high energy,
fortunately. She needed help up & down stairs for a few weeks, but was
back to normal in about a month.

Apparently, dog brains are not as complex as human brains, so they
recover more quickly.

Hope that helps.

Adrienne