[Dailydrool] Strokes

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 17:58:12 PST 2012

Momma here. To make this basset related--Elwood is snoring as I type, Bessie has worn him out yet again-----
Back in the day, many decades ago-we had a cocker spaniel that had a stroke. He simply fell over off the porch one day, now remember--this was a good 25 years ago--well we stood him up, he looked okay, and we thought well lets see----he limped on one side, but one side of his face hung, and when he ate, the food fell out of one side. Vet said stroke-and all the things we seen fit. Clyde on the other paw, went and found 2 toys he had long ago stopped playing with, a rubber ring and a tennis ball. He chewed on those every single day for months, and we watched how his face came back, he was able to eat, the food stayed in his choppers. The muscles in his face returned.  We always remaked how that people could learn from Clydes diligent efforts every day, as he chewed and exercised for hours every day. We also had a small dog, a terrier type guy that had Vestibular Syndrome--he also had cushings disease, and he on the other had never recovered. I think there were just too many issues to overcome there, but he motored on for over a year after the onset.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger