[Dailydrool] Cancer and other links to medical info

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Tue Feb 7 11:48:17 PST 2012

Hi all,

I just want to say how much I appreciate it when other DD's post a link
or share information to cancer or any other various medical issues we
can possibly encounter.  Someone had just posted a link about
Hermangiosarcoma and it wasn't one that I had seen before.  I lost my
heart dog to that cancer 2 years ago.  The crappy part (well, I guess it
is all crappy) is that I think she had the skin form before we
discovered that she had a tumor on her spleen, and never knew it due to
ignorance.

Obviously by the time they foundd it on her spleen it was just about too
late.  But god I feel like such an idiot because for the prior few years
I had kept picking at this black thing on her belly.  Not really
thinking anything of it.  Sometimes I thought she had a tick buried in
her skin and then I would pick and all it did was bleed a little bit.
It never really went away and we would pick at it and it would always
just bleed a little and that was it.

The vets never really said anything about it either....it was on her
belly and around the areas where her other nipples were.  So maybe
everyone just thought it was something like that.

After reading the information on the link posted, looking at the
pictures and then doing a google search using different terms, I think
she might have had the skin version of hermangiosarcoma.  I thought I
had read everything I could on this - but at the time - I was only
focused on the spleen type.

So my case in point I guess is never hesitate to share information here.
Good, bad or otherwise.  You never know who it might help.
In my case, it is a little too late and I feel like an idiot now because
of it.  But as hard as it is, it makes me aware for the future.

We send our love and drool to all in need.

Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Lucy, Apollo & Cash
(all who are my heart dogs now in their own special ways...)

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.