[Dailydrool] Nigel's new idea

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:03:46 PST 2012

Nigel has decided he wants to walk about the backyard, not with his cart,
but with us huffing along behind holding his rear up as best we can with
whatever unsucessful lifting aide we happen to have grabbed this time.
Here's the fun part:He wants to do this every morning at three. IN THE
MORNING.
"Us" in this case meaning ME. I just don't have it in me to wake John up
and have him do it, altho I know he would.
I put on my muck boots, my coat and grab a flashlight and a towel. I
support his rear with the towel in one hand, carry the flashlight and try
to keep up. Invariably, Nigel trots (and I mean that literally) with me
thundering along behind (he is between my legs) trying to light the way,
down the fence line, under two or three very low bushes that I do not see
in time, through a puddle or, given the choice, across ice, past the bird
bath, around the brush pile, diagonally over to the shed and then back to
the house. He usually stops suddenly 8 or 9 times causing me to nearly
smash into him.
By the time he hits the sidewalk he is almost galloping in the front, so I
am galumphing in the rear, puffing madly,, the flashlight beam bouncing off
the walls and windows of Roger's house. Once inside, he usually poops in
the hallway of the ultility room. It's as if that's what he wanted to do
but he couldn't work out how to do it outside. I almost always step in it
at least one time before I realise he is going.
(when he had all fours working he would get up at about 3 and ask to go
outside. So this is not a new timetable for him.)
I have decided to staple roller skate wheels to his rear and hocks and feet.

Drool to all in need
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.