[Dailydrool] Sleep? What's that?

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:11:01 PST 2012

*Last night in the middle of the night - wait.  Let me start from the
beginning.  Vito sleeps under the covers every night either down by our
feet or between Bill and me.  **First, I got up at midnight, thinking I
heard someone barking outside, only to find both of them asleep and the
culprit a barred owl hooting from the neighbor's yard.**  About 2 in the
morning, Bill and I awoke to a "thump!"  Vito had rolled off the end of the
bed in his sleep, but was so rolled up in the covers (we had almost none)
that he barely touched the floor...the thump was him hitting the end of the
bed.  He neither whined, cried or barked - not a sound (probably didn't
even wake up).  HE knows where HIS bread is buttered! We released him from
his hammock and he ran outside to do his business.  Meanwhile, we went back
to sleep.  Not long after, I felt nudging, lifted the blankets, and let a
snow covered Vito slide under where he headed for a spot tightly between us
("I'm not falling AGAIN, Mama!!")  My yelp woke poor Bill who by then was
feeling the snow himself.  Thank goodness it melted quickly.  At 4 am,
Arfur came up right on schedule to take the outside behind me, trapping me
tightly between two basset booties.  This allowed me to go back to sleep
(nothing more comfortable that two warm bassets) until the alarm went off
at 5:30.  Strangely, I woke up feeling wide awake for a change.

Beth, slave to Arfur (my bratty brother sleeps in the bed ALL the time!)
and Vito (I make sure I get there first and hog all the space so I can
growl at my brother when he tries to come up.)
*
--
*Word for the day: gratitude*

Help feed the animals