[Dailydrool] Beached Basset

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:40:39 PST 2012

We call what happens to Sister Anna~~Beached Basset~~as it reminds us of a
beached whale~~and while your first instinct is to laugh~~it is really
quite scary for them and they can hurt their back..we find it happens when
they get to far over on their side to come back and can't really (cause of
lack of room or ??) flip the other way..when she is on the floor you say it
happens is the floor slippery..could you put booties on her with some
traction would that help or some rubber backed rugs were she usually
lays..im thinking traction is the key..is she against a wall like jasmine
is when it happens is there any way to put like a draft guard or something
again the wall so she cant get all the way over to get stuck..it is very
sad and then im sure humiliating when she pottys....sending drool to poor
Anna..its not your fault sweetie...

Kathy