[Dailydrool] Drool post

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:25:35 PST 2012

Anita,

When your basset girl is sleeping in another room and can't get up, I have
an idea - baby monitor.

Because I don't have room in my bedroom, my laundry room doubles as the
basset bedroom. And I've been through the sick puppy routine many times in
the last 10 years with Maggie (she's not a genetically superior specimen of
a basset <grin>). So many years ago I bought a baby monitor. I wake up in a
heartbeat when I hear the slightest whimper.

Maggie often goes to bed earlier than I do. So if I'm up late in the living
room, I take the receiver with me.  (The "receiver" end can be battery
operated; the "sender" is plugged in.)

While it won't help with her struggling to get up, at least you'll hear her
and be there to help sooner.

Tim