[Dailydrool] Mice proofing

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Feb 10 17:59:36 PST 2012

I have lots of neighbors that due to their actions draws a lot of mice to our neighborhood. (bird feeders, 0 landscaping, leaving cat or dog food out etc.). So in addition to Dales post here are a couple of things that we did. Hubby thoroughly inspected the exterior of the house and sealed any cracks or holes. We put our dog food in an airtight plastic container.   dog food has a strong oder that draws in varmints.  We quit leaving human and dog food out. If the boyz didn't eat their food we would set bowl and all back into the airtight container. We also keep the grass short and weedeated. No feeding the squirrels or birds.   We took out all brushes and shrubs from around the house.  Keep your yard and around the house open, so the mice don't have any place to hide.  We also installed the plug in sonic mouse detterants in the laundry room, kitchen and den....parts of the house that are not cinder block that we thought were areas where the mice might be coming in at.  And we set the old fashion snap their neck traps with peanut butter as bait. I hated to kill them but unwelcome guest or considered intruder.  Intruders into this house will met the reaper...mouse trap, 38, 9mil etc.
Drool to all the sick hounds.
Michele
Sent from my iPaw