[Dailydrool] Emma in for surgery

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:37:27 PST 2012

Karrie, Geoffrey, Henry, and Molly are sending tons of drool for your sweet
Emma.  I have not had a tumor on my dogs, but I have had sebaceous cysts
(and large ones) rupture, including one right under Molly's nipple just
recently.  They do bleed like crazy when they rupture.  They also spew gunk
that looks like cottage cheese that's actually sebum, or skin oil that has
caused the blockage of the follicle (which is what it starts as -- it's
kind of like a huge zit).  If you've never had it happen to you it's scary
and gross!!  I hope that's all it is -- for bad ones they often do surgery
to clean it out, but they can come back.  They are benign, and a pain, but
not as scary as tumors.  Laura