[Dailydrool] Elmo and the pit bull

Barbara Stacey barbara.stacey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 16 06:26:41 PST 2012

About three weeks ago while out for a walk, Elmo was attacked by two pit
bulls. My neighbor walks him as I am unable to take him for long walks due to
health problems. The pits were chained in a yard and broke loose. One attacked
Elmo and bit him in the leg while neighbor tried to shoo them away. We live in
the county, sort of rural, and she immediately called the sheriff's office,
called me, and took Elmo to his vet.

The animal control officer came to see us later and said they have had a lot of
complaints about Mr. X and his dogs. We decided to press charges and have a
court date of 2/28. Elmo had numerous puncture wounds in his leg so vet lady
cleaned them up,gave pain meds and antibiotics and kept him over night in case
of infection. Poor little guy was traumatized and shaking. Took him a while to
get back to normal.

The officer came to see another neighbor last week because the sam  thing
happened to him and his dog. We had to fill out a victim impact statement and
recommend punishment. We asked for $313 for the vet bill and that the dogs be
removed because they are a danger to the neighborhood. Has anyone had experience
with the courts? I would be interested to know how these things work. Thanks.

Barb and Elmo and Blossom ATB