[Dailydrool] Rescues Making Money????

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 09:27:34 PST 2012

I agree with the post about not for profits and how much money some make a
lot!!! And 90% goes to officers for salaries. he same applies to UNICEF and
other not for profits but I do not know one Basset Rescue Group on the drool
that pays their officers a single penny. We are all so busy just paying vet
bills that is our main concern. We get dogs who need a minimum $100.00 worth
of vetting before they are adoptable and if they need altered it is closer
to $300.00 if they need their teeth cleaned closer to $375.00 and we adopt
them out for $175.00  Then there are the dogs that cost thousands the ones
who we get with harnesses embedded into their skin or who need orthopedic
surgery or need eyes removed, who have diseases or broken bones, we do not
make money in rescue.
Recently the President of the Greater Humane Society of Kansas City built a
new 6000 square foot house on 12 acres with her salary.
Then there are rescues who do not have a 501c3 and take in donations even
though they use the money for the hounds they really need to apply and get
their 501c3 for their own protection or they could wind up like a Basset
Rescue who is now closed who operated for twelve years stating on their
website they were in the process of getting their 501c3 FOR 12 YEARS!!!!
The IRS caught them and said all of those donations were personal income and
they owed income taxes on all the monies they had collected for the past 12
years. They lost everything.