[Dailydrool] Aromatic bassets

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:55:14 PST 2012

One thing we've tried with success is a human shampoo called Nazarol. It
used to be available only by prescription in Canada, and was prescribed for
a particular type of dandruff (the oily gross kind, not just dry flakes.)
When Billy B got a yeast infection on his skin, our vet said to try some of
it. It helped somewhat on Billy.

Last winter, though, Vernon Q was really smelly. On examination I realized
his ears were really scaly and smelled horrible (not inside the ear canal
-- just the ears themselves, inside.) His armpits (legpits?) were nasty
too, and worst of all he had an actual bald spot on his chest that smelled
horrid. (His skin folds over his breastbone, so there's a spot about three
inches sqaure that you only see when you examine.) Anyway, I tried the
Nazarol again, lathering it and leaving it on for five or ten minutes, then
rinsing. I did it daily for three days, then a couple more times, and all
the yeast type stuff cleared up.

Don't know if that could be Bess's problem, Debbie, and I expect you have
tried something similar -- just a thought.

Mary
& Vernon Q Basset, the sweet-smelling
& Paddi B Basset, who does not agree re Vern.