[Dailydrool] Mary Poppins aka Poppy - ATB

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:30:49 PST 2012

I've been amazed at how Poppy fought Lymphoma.  She did remarkably well
with her treatment.  When I last posted, I knew it wouldn't be long, but
it's still such a shock.  5 months from diagnosis.  Yesterday morning she
was on the front porch, barking at the new neighborhood dog.  Then as the
day went on, she walked a bit, lay down and stared.  She spent a few hours
warming herself in the sun with Gallagher, our sensitive guy, nearby.  She
took her meds in the morning in her favorite pill pockets, but then
wouldn't take anything, except water, the rest of the day.  Wouldn't you
know it, my husband Jack, had to go back in the hospital yesterday.  Last
night she seemed comfortable, though not in her usual bed.  Around 2am, I
heard her struggling and spent the rest of the morning stroking her soft
fur and giving her little bits of water.  At 7, I called the vet.  She came
and we sent Poppy off to the bridge.  She's been my feisty alpha girl.  I
hope there is plenty of cheese at the buffet.  Fly free my little girl.