[Dailydrool] Dog gadgets and a trip to the vet house of pain

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:21:45 PST 2012

Well, we bought a GPS for Data the Damn Beagle.  I downloaded the app on my
IPhone yesterday.  Long process because Dogdad had already entered his
email address and password on the PC.  Could not find his info, because
someone (?) had not entered lower case/upper case correctly, and had to
call customer assistance at TAGG. Nice people though.  After secret
password mailed, I was able to unlock it.

Then Dogdad proceeds to do "test."  Does he take Data with his collar on?
 Noooooo!  He just takes GPS.  It doesn't work.  GPS leaves a message that
"collar has been removed from Data."  It turns out that GPS has to be at
the right height (not Dogdad's height) to work.

Dogdad does another test, but does he take Data with him? Nooooo!  He just
put the GPS back on the collar and takes that with him.  I can sort of see
the "target" moving, but it still says that Data is in the target zone
(which is our home and yard).  Dogdad gives up for the day.  But,-he has
more work for me to do-I must charge the little video camera he bought me
for Valentine's Day for enabling dogs to record their own video lives.  I
take out camera, but it needs hours of charging. Today is more work for the
Mom.

Yesterday was vet day for Data the Beagle and Roland, Dog Emeritus.  Both
had funny lumps.  The very good news is that both lumps are probably
nothing.  Data's is a cyst, which was drained, and Roland's is a fatty
tumor, which was aspirated and examined under the microscope.  Roland had
to get some new arthritis meds to try, plus get heartworm test, distemper
vaccine, flea and tick meds, blah, blah, blah.

The funny part is that Roland, who loves to go to see his doctors, was
resting on the floor for the long wait while Data the Dope was acting in
his beagle-obnoxious way every time someone entered.  This went on and on.
 Finally we went back to the exam room where Data was suitably chastened by
the exam and the other procedures.  When we left, Data's puffed-up little
chest was thoroughly deflated.  He was quiet as a little mouse.

Janice Henry Colvin