[Dailydrool] Dog bed zippers

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 07:12:43 PST 2012

I have struggled with dog beds--most of them are not fully washable, and we have two peeing hounds. So finally I decided to make my own. That's when I found this zipper, which is the same as the ones in the dog beds you purchase.

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=2305&criteria=zipper

Alternatively, the same company has a packet of zipper slides that you can use to replace the original, if that's what's been destroyed.

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=9125&criteria=zipper

It might take some work to replace the zipper in the existing bed, but if it's a favorite of your hounds, it might be worth it. Dog beds can be expensive, and in my experience, sometimes dogs just don't take to a new bed quickly.

Oh, and a quick warning. If you buy the zipper, it has no stops, so it's easy to run the slide off either end. Then it's a chore to get the thing back on again. So be careful until you've sewn a stop on the zipper--or buy the replacement slides, and you will get some stops that you could use on the larger zipper.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets