[Dailydrool] AKC

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:31:22 PST 2012

Bev are you implying because AKC fully accredited NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION
that they operated only on the up and up ??

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

now I know nothing about AKC..but I know of plenty of accredited non
profits that are as crooked as the day is long..just saying

Now about the AKC while it is true they will send papers to anyone with the
proper paperwork (probably would be illegal if they wouldn't) and the
registration fee

they also do suspend and close privileges of their "breeders"

Where Penny came from AKC took away there AKC licenses for registering dogs
that anyone would know were not purebred  (there is a little cocker in
penny if you look for it for sure)

So I'm imagining when they get a tip they check it out and if it warrants
examination I'm sure they do

they can't be responsible for the quality of the dog and that isn't what
there papers say..the only say this this is the mother and this is the
father and they were both registered

and in penny's breeders case they had issue with who they said was the
father and said NO and suspended there license

It is up to the buyer to not buy a crooked legged bad example of the breed
and if they never bought them they wouldn't be bred anymore

the AKC cannot change this mess the only place to change it is DONT SHOP
~~ADOPT...unless you have spent your life waiting for that perfect basset
and unless you qualify for a reputable breeders list for a pet quality
pet~~  cause I'm assuming if you want to show you know you have to go to
the quality breeder~~then at least be smart enough to know that
you aren't going to find it from a facebook page where they have 8 litters
a year or online where they will ship it to you and you don't have to sign
a spay neuter contract..

Its really pretty simple if you were adopting a child for a lifetime
commitment (cause it really isnt any different) if you got
so desperate that you got one in a back alley in a bad neighborhood..then
you really aught to know you are probably getting a child that was born
drug addicted with very little prenatal care and will have problems~~and if
you make that choice then you have to honor your commitment just like when
you get a dog...in my opinion of course

The nonsense stops at the consumer level...when there are no longer
customers for their inferior product they will improve the product or go
out of business...simple economics.