[Dailydrool] The end of the harness experiment

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 17:47:49 PST 2012

Well, the long-awaited (by me) Gentle-leader harnesses arrived today.  When I got home from work, I tried to put Annie's on her.  I chose to try with her first because A) she pulls much more than Fred does and B) she is a MUCH better patient/subject/model than he would be.  She stood patiently while I tried to get it adjusted properly (this was made more difficult because Fred insisted on "helping.")  It looked nothing like the diagram...I don't know if it was too big, or if she is just too short.  At one point, I took it off to try to adjust it off of her, thinking that that would be easier.  She seemed relieved, and trotted away.  She patiently waited while I attempted to get it on her again.  When it was as good as I could get it, I let her walk away.  It seemed that the chest-strap was across her front legs too much, and was restricting her ability to walk.  Maybe I'm a wuss, but I couldn't do this to my little girl (and I knew that there was NO way I'd ever get one on Fred.)  I took it off her, packed it back up, and they will go back tomorrow.

Guess we'll live with Martingale collars and our frequent "disagreements" about which direction we are going to go!

Rose, Annie (I have a VERY effective "woe is me" look) and Fred (NO WAY JOSE!!)