[Dailydrool] scared us to death last night

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 4 09:21:38 PST 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

The dogs were playing last night after their walk, around 8:30.  They were
wrestling and tussling and then Snoopy started doing the basset 500 and Cyrus
crouched down into a playbow and Snoopy crashed into him at speed from all the
way down the hall and they were having fun but it was getting too wild so I
called Cyrus and had him sit and Snoopy, well, Snoopy when he stopped suddenly
hunched over and it was like he was trying to puke but he couldn't.  And then he
ran outside and was hiding behind a lounge chair trying to puke so I went out
there and he ran from me and hit behind the hose thing and was trying to puke so
I got his collar and brought him in and he stood at the door and then he went to
the front door, very restless and agitated and wouldn't lay down and let me
check him out and I started thinking ... bloat?  Is this what bloat looks like,
omg!  And right then he heaved himself over on his back and made an awful sound,
sounded like pain and then relaxed and let me rub his belly.  He farted a few
times and belched (both of which smelled AWFUL) and then he got up in the
recliner and grumbled for like a minute while he turned and turned to get
comfortable and then lay down.  His breathing was better, but you could still
tell he had been under stress and was calming down.  My husband and Natalie and
I all stood there and looked at him.  We were trying to decide if we should rush
him to the emergency vet or if he was ok.  He started to snore.  I sat there for
two hours watching him, no change.  At bed time Cyrus came into the kitchen and
wagged his tail for a cookie and Snoopy came too and wagged his tail and sat and
ate his cookie and came to bed with us and climbed in and went back to sleep.

This morning he ate fine and pooped fine and seems fine.

Anybody know what happened?  Was he starting to bloat and then the air worked
it's way out when he rolled over?  Was he just overexcited from all the play?
Should I have gone to the emergency vet anyway last night?  Does he need to go
today?  Please advise me, remember, I am the ...

clueless momPerson ... who loves her Snoopy, OEBE dearly, and Cyrus too