[Dailydrool] hounds and school

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jan 7 09:02:18 PST 2012

Hi all,

First off,  drool to all who are grieving the loss of a beloved hound.  Most
of us have had to be in that position and know how much the support of
others can help.

And also drool to those in varying degrees of medical issues.

Wanted to report in that Lucas, who had surgery last week for partial
torsion of his stomach, is eating on his own, as of Thursday evening.  We
are giving him boiled chicken cutlets, and will start giving him either
rice, potatoes, or noodles along with it tonight.

He had pancreatitis going into the surgery, so has been a hard road to get
him back eating.

I could have cried for joy when he ate the other day.  And then last night,
I went to open the front door to get the mail and he barked and got up to
come over.  He ALWAYS does this,  but since he was ill,  he had not, so this
was another milestone in his getting back to his normal self.

I am sitting here, doing an online traffic school, since I have put it off,
almost to the last minute, and have several hounds around since it is a bot
chilly down here and I have a space heater going.  (you northerners..it is
all relative!)The hounds are sucking up to the extra heat, I suppose,  but
at least I have company while I am doing this.

Senior Houndsabound newsletter will be out on Monday,  if you are not signed
up to get it,  you can do so, by visiting the website, and select newsletter
from the menu on the left and sign yourself up!

Back to the comedy traffic school!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!