[Dailydrool] Basset Friendly Homes

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 06:39:05 PST 2012

I agree with Pam about some sort of shelter just outside the back door for the hounds to do their business when it is raining. Instead of a pergola, which sounds beautiful, I would have a regular patio cover or ceiling complete with a ceiling fan for warm days. As long as we are dreaming, maybe a sort of misting system with good scents to mask the dog scents. I would have cedar mulch as the floor material. It smells good and decomposes nicely.

My newest addition, the not a Basset Carly Rose, is very reluctant to go out in the rain. This is why I have been considering such a covered area. Grandma Zoe, the beautiful and ancient girl I adopted from Bluegrass over the summer, does not care one wit. She goes out in the rain, wanders around, stands in it, not a care in the world.

Speaking of Grandma Zoe, she is very active this morning, belying her 15 or so years. She even tried to canter up the ramp this morning, until she took a face plant halfway up. Then she walked more carefully. She is barking to go out now, I must go heed the summons.

Oh, who was it that had the Scentsy products? I reveived a Scentsy for Christmas. I think it will take a lifetime to use an entire brick of scent. But I do like it.

Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang