[Dailydrool] This, that and an introduction

Alice dognpony at ptd.net
Sun Jan 8 14:56:05 PST 2012

Regarding the porch for the pooches in bad weather, I vote no!  First, let
me say that a lot of people who own horses may have a cleaner barn than
house.  I freely admit that I am not Mrs. Clean.  Mike and I visited a
person who has horses, dogs and cats.  The house had what at one time was a
lovely covered porch.  The dogs must have used it in bad weather, good
weather, hot and cold.  What a stink!

Inside the house was no better because of the cats.  Our clothes did not
pass the sniff test and we had to get drive through fast food for lunch.

Thank you to Elder Clara for finding Miss Harley Puppy a nice cloud on
Cracker Court.  She was truly a cracker jack!  Always ready for fun,
training, mischief or snuggling.  Her joints turned to mush, the vet said we
could have expensive tests to determine the name, but the outcome would
still be the same.  It was good that she was our smallest basset because I
carried her up and down stairs for quite a while.  She was 3 1/2 when we put
her down, our first foster and failure from Mid-Atlantic BH Rescue.

2011 was pretty much a miserable year.  Mike has been fighting a staph
infection and the after effects since last January.  He's been in the
hospital longer and more times than I care to remember.  On the bright side,
there is a new grandbaby and a new horse in the family!

Welcome to Marie and any new droolers!  My first basset is PW Harley Chick,
who came to me from my boss in 2001.  The Daily Drool helped me realize that
her antics were "normal basset" and she was not the most obnoxious dog in
the world.  Fred came next.  Fred doesn't like other dogs, especially males.
He's OK with his pack, and may, in fact, be a little hen pecked.  Miss
Harley Puppy was next, followed by Molly and Pippi.  Molly came from
Illinois.  Her people left her with the neighbors when they were evicted,
but never came back.  Pippi is a southern belle who had entropan surgery
while in the south.  The vets gave her a somewhat Asian look.  She's got
long legs and long ears, I think the basset came from a third cousin twice
removed.

I have been a drooler since 2001.  In those 10 plus years, I have gotten
hooked on bassets, made many friends, met my husband through two of those
friends, learned about Waddles, Trout Parades, hunt tests and rally
competitions, took in a hurricane evacuee and had 8 bassets in the house,
laughed and cried with fellow droolers.  Welcome!

The Jersey Girls plus Fred
Alice
PW Harley Chick RN CGC, Fred RN CGC,  Molly Bulldozer, Pippi, the bassets;
Annie & Candy, the horses