[Dailydrool] wine and dogs that get along

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Tue Jan 10 03:18:55 PST 2012

Momslave here.  Beauford and Bugsey wanted to let Peaches know that they don't have a wine label with their face on it, but they too know where the cases are kept.  This weekend we were trying to bottle two batches of wine and Beauford was being a real pain.  He likes to sniff the wine while we fill the bottles.  We don't like him to do this.  It is a hygene thing.  I am not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but when you are bottling wine, it is supposed to be going into sanitized bottles that haven't been licked or drooled all over.  He has trouble refraining from both.  I don't know if Bugsey is any better.  Beauford is in the way.

Now on to dogs that get along.  Obviously I have two neutered males and as I type this they are sleeping on the dog bed together.  Beauford and Bugsey really do get along famously and we have never had a serious fight.  The orignial three were two females and a male--all spayed and neutured.  Bismark, the male, got along great with both females, but he was especially close to Bubbles, the oldest female.  Bubbles HATED Banshee.  Puncture wounds in the face are nasty.  Actually puncture wounds are nasty.  Bismark wasn't allowed to play with Banshee if Bubbles nearby.  We had to be careful about loving on Banshee where Bubbles could see.  We couldn't feed them where they could see each other.  Thanks to Bubbles, I don't know if I can ever bring myself to have two females again although obviously lots of people do it with no problems.  In her case, she was an ultra alpha female.  Banshee had been taken away from her mother at birth and just didn't understand proper social protical.  She didn't know the right postering to do to show she was backing down if that makes any sense.  Fortunately at the bridge they didn't get the same cloud.

Lots of drool to Maggie Wags and Nigel and all the other sick hounds!

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford and Bugsey