[Dailydrool] Daisy Mae update...

jkdjf tds.net jkdjf at tds.net
Wed Jan 11 08:07:40 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,  Thanks for all the drool and prayers too. Daisy spent
one night at the vetspital because by the time I got her there is was
too late in the day to sedate her and do the xrays.  She is back home
now and when I left her this morning to come to work she was covered
with a blanket and snoozing away.  She still isn't feeling well at all
and it is a real effort for her to walk. She doesn't want to put any
weight on that one hip at all.  While I had her at the vet he gave her
a shot of rimadyl which he said helped her yesterday before she came
home.  We didn't see any improvement ourselves. In fact to us she
looked worse.  What the xrays showed was severe hip dysplasia IN BOTH
HIPS.  So basically since it is bad in both hips the vet isn't sure if
that is what is causing all the pain because this started really
quick.  The hip dysplasia has probably been there for a long time.
Anyway she is on prednisone for a couple weeks because she has an
itching problem too and the pred should help both.  Meanwhile  when
she cries...I do too. You feel so helpless when there is nothing you
can do for them.  Hopefully the pred will kick in soon and I think
tonight I will try to put some moist heat on her to see if that will
help at all.   Kathy / Daisy Mae and Thelma of VA