[Dailydrool] Helena Poist and rescue

Helena poist helenapoist at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 08:42:37 PST 2012

I worked with Hounds Haven and Western Missouri early in my career in rescue. I have found that there is usually one direction a rescue wants to take and I  want to save them all. Hounds Haven and Western Missouri are limited intake rescues  I still work with both of these  rescues as needed. Basset rescues save bassets we just do it a little differently.

Therefore I have been an independent rescurer for some time working with all basset recsues and even several all breed rescues and even no kill shelters.
Everyone has their rescue philosophy and I respect the policies of other rescues.. For instance, some rescues will abort at almost anytime before birth; others will not abort under any circumstances. It is the decision of the rescue on
which way they go. We all have out time and resource limitations.

I have my own license and have for some time. I am not associated with either  basset rescue or any other rescue. I cant email or call everyone that knew I use to be associated with these groups...to tell them differently.. People assume things...

Thanks and go hug a basset and save one from the shelter... it will make your day