[Dailydrool] ringworm

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 13:38:06 PST 2012

Hi Vicki,
    I have wrestled the demon ringworm many times--it is a fungus not a worm and highly contageous to you and the dogs.  Yes YOU!  If you touch or treat a spot on the dog and then scratch yourself WHAMMO!  You will now have it.  Antifungal shampoos will helps but here are two highly affective cures:
Lime dip diluted 4 ounces to one gallon of warm water---this is poured or sprayed over the entire dog every three days and you must allow the pet to drip dry/air dry in a warm room.  I recommend using a medicated or anti fungal shampoo first. This is good if yeast or fungus is generalized.  If your pet only has it in one spot or a few localized spots you may want to try a cattlemen's product called Nu Stock.  It is a thick yellow ointment and you just apply it daily to the areas and they will dry out and heal quickly with rapid hair regrowth.  I had a Newf who used to get ringworm every summer--usually on her face.  I always used Nu Stock and it always worked.  I evern used it on myself when I accidently treated Ruby the Newf's patch then scratched my arm and WHAMMO!  I infected myself.  Nu Stock worked on me too.  You can buy Nu Stock and/ or Lime dip, as well as miconazole anti fungal shampoo and clorhexidine shampoo at
 http://www.jefferspet.com  Remember to use gloves and to thoroughly wash your hands each time you treat your pet.
Hope this helps!
Marie Campbell
Man Plans ~ God Laughs